September 23, 2021.
Biona Organic Vegan Black Bean Brownies
Bean craving brownies? We’ve got you covered. These fudgy, rich, dark chocolate brownies are the perfect decadent treat with a healthy twist, so tasty you’ll forget they’re good for you.
All Biona Organic ingredients are available at all Quay Co-op shops in Ireland.
2 tins Biona Organic black beans, drained and thoroughly dried
170g Biona Organic Maple Agave Syrup
110g Biona Organic Coconut Oil Cuisine
100g Biona Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
250g Biona Organic Apple Puree
200g dairy free chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (155°C fan-assisted) and grease an 20cm square pan.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add beans, coconut oil, coconut palm sugar, and maple agave syrup and blend.
- Add in the cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Blend again.
- Remove the centre of the food processor if using, and add the applesauce. Stir to combine.
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the greased pan.
- Top with the rest of the chips.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into 16 brownies (or desired size).
- Serve and enjoy
Leave A Comment